It is a pleasure to offer my support to this censure motion and vote of no confidence against the Liberal Party's Attorney-General, Senator Brandis, for:
(1) failing to defend the President of the Australian Human Rights Commission, Professor Gillian Triggs, from malicious attacks;
(2) seeking to obtain the resignation of Professor Triggs by facilitating the offer of an alternative role that would have required her to relinquish her position as President;
(3) refusing to fully account for his conduct when appearing before a committee of the Senate;
(4) undermining Australia's commitment to upholding human rights; and
(5) being unfit to hold the office of Attorney-General.